Friday, March 30, 2007

Thankful for what I've got

Well, after hearing that my friend MIGHT receive visitors, I impulsively packed up my 17 month old and flew across the country in the hopes that I might get to see him one last time. I didn't. But I'm okay with that because I tried and in the mean time I got to introduce the monkey to all the folks I care about out there. Carpe Diem, right? Tomorrow we may all be dead. Why keep putting it off? Why make excuses like "I don't have the time right now", "It's a hassle", "I'll do it later".
Well the cherry blossoms began to bloom through the constant rain while I was carting the monkey around hither and yon. The moss was an electric green that I wont see in my neck of the woods for another two months. And I got to look in the eyes of people I love and rarely see. It was exhausting and rejuvenating all at once. I'm sorry I didn't get to see Bruce but because of him I stepped out of my little world for a moment.
Thanks. And I still want that seat saved.

No comments: